ChefTec Plus is the essential tool for managing inventory and food costing for the foodservice professional. While not as full-featured as ChefTec Ultra, ChefTec Plus gives you the ability to link with POS systems, vendors online ordering systems, and QuickBooks. With up to five profit centers, ChefTec Plus offers all of the functionality provided in ChefTec Basic and more. ChefTec Plus also works with mobile tablets, when you purchase ChefTec Mobile Solutions.
ChefTec Plus helps you effectively manage your operation with features, such as:
Recipe & Menu Costing
Unlock the Full Potential of Your Culinary Business with ChefTec Ultra's Recipe & Menu Costing Management Module
Elevate your culinary prowess and boost your bottom line with ChefTec's powerful Recipe & Menu Costing Management functionality. Our innovative tools empower chefs and owners to efficiently price food service menus, calculate recipe costs, minimize waste, optimize staff hours, and enhance inventory tracking. ChefTec's intuitive Recipe & Menu Costing feature is designed for simplicity, delivering a surprising ease-of-use while delivering tangible results - lowering your food costs by an impressive 3-8 percent.Streamlined Recipe & Menu Costing:
- Easily calculate recipe costs and adjust margins based on actual purchase prices.
- Gain insights into percentage food costs for each recipe, enabling informed decision-making.
- Identify and maximize profits by distinguishing menu "stars" and "dogs."
- Store, scale, and size an unlimited number of recipes effortlessly.
- Analyze recipe and menu costs instantly by portion or yield.
- Update prices and modify ingredients across all recipes with a simple touch of a button.
- Cost entire functions or catering jobs in minutes, facilitating accurate catering bids.
- Incorporate videos for preparation and training, enhancing culinary precision.
- Add images of plate turnout or layout for consistency in presentation.
- Take your food cost reduction to the next level with Menu Engineering through Ask Theo, a unique feature of ChefTec Ultra.
Chef Ultra's Recipe & Menu Costing Management Module is not just a tool; it's a strategic asset for culinary businesses seeking to thrive in a competitive landscape. Unleash the potential of your menu, control costs effectively, and make informed decisions that guarantee the best return on investment. Elevate your culinary journey with ChefTec Ultra.
Your food inventory represents a significant investment of money and time. One of the most sought-after pieces of ChefTec functionality, inventory control (also know as inventory management) is the quickest way to save those resources.
ChefTec includes several inventory management capabilities that allow you to see changing food costs, make changes to your desired food cost, quickly determine the total value of goods held in inventory, and compare this information to purchases and sales. With automatic updates and the ability to quickly generate reports, you will spend at least 4 to 8 fewer hours controlling your inventory each week.
Taking Physical Inventory was never easier: Using either sheet-to-shelf physical inventory worksheets set up for your locations or alphabetical sheets, taking and entering inventory counts is a snap. For even faster results try our Mobile Solutions for inventory taking.
In addition, the 1,900 inventory items preloaded into ChefTec save hours' worth of data entry and give you the information you need for accurate inventory tracking.
Get the fastest return on investment by keeping costs down and efficiency up with these powerful inventory features:
- Track rising food costs automatically.
- Compare vendor pricing at the touch of a button - from purchases or bids.
- Enter Invoices quickly using the "auto-populate" feature.
- Use a mobile Tablet for inventory taking.
- Generate customized reports on purchases, price variances, bids, and credits.
- Take the pain out of physical inventory, ordering, and maintenance of par levels.
- Automatically track activity based on purchases and sales.
- Calculate inventory on-hand for multiple locations.
- Compare theoretical and actual usage and identify problem areas.
- Calculate overall percentage food cost.
- Preloaded list of over 1,900 ingredients with unlimited capacity for additional inventory items.
- Lists of ingredients in different languages (such as, Spanish, French, and German) are available with
unlimited capacity for adding additional ingredients.
Basic Nutritional Analysis:
With ChefTec Plus you can easily calculate nutritional values for your recipes and menu items. You can also obtain the appropriate information needed to meet the demands of health-conscious customers. Some foodservice operations are required to post calorie content and make additional standard nutritional information available to customers and ChefTec Plus provides this information. Other foodservice operations are following suit and voluntarily offering this information.
- Analyze nutritional values for more than 1300 inventory items - quickly and accurately.
- Instantly calculate nutritional information for your recipes.
- Automatically analyze your recipes against FDA and NLEA guidelines for dietary or health claims.
Increased Functionality and Ease-of-use:
- Network versions available with ChefTec Plus: Share data within an organization on one networked server for a consistent and comprehensive view.
- Use mobile technology to increase efficiencies and decrease labor costs.
The price for this program starts at just $995 plus $195 for Cloud Services, depending on which modules and features you require. The mid-level ChefTec Plus package is backed with one year of free technical support, so you know your purchase is stress free.
See the Comparison Chart for additional modules for purchase, such as Production Management, Lot Tracking, Waste Tracking, and Event Management.
ChefTec provides a scientific approach. After committing to entering data into the program, I now get instantaneous food cost - knowledge at my fingertips. I'm constantly reviewing recipes to make sure my food costs are accurate down to the penny. I also use the QuickBooks interace and Sysco EDI (Electronic Data Interface) which cut out so much data entry time. I feel confident that I'm getting the best value from the ChefTec product.~ Nate Peck, Owner Nate's Seafood & Steakhouse, Addison, TX
Not Sure Which Product is Right for You?
ChefTec Basic: For chefs and foodservice owner/operators needing Recipe & Menu Costing, Inventory Control, and Purchasing & Ordering at a price all foodservice operations can afford.
ChefTec Plus: Provides additional tools for monitoring costs and tracking inventory. ChefTec Plus offers all of the functionality provided in ChefTec Basic (above) plus perpetual inventory, sales analysis, theoretical inventory reports, and multiple profit centers (up to five.)
ChefTec Ultra: Our flagship ChefTec product meets the needs of complex operations such as large hotels, clubs, educational facilities, and conference centers with multiple profit centers. ChefTec Ultra includes the Alerts & Reminders Module, the HACCP Information Module, and an additional module selected by you, as well as the ability to move information, such as moving recipes between profit centers.
|Physical Inventory Extensions and Shelf-order Inventory
Onscreen Nutritional Analysis
with Allergen Information
|Print Nutrition Facts Labels
|Comprehensive Inventory Control
|Purchasing & Ordering
|Ordering - Automatic Based on Par Levels, Theoretical Inventory, or Shopping Lists
|Calculate Overall Percentage Food Cost
|Password Capability with Multiple Read/Edit Rights
|Create Shopping Lists for Banquets and Functions
|Works with Mobile Handheld devices
|Multiple-language Inventory lists (French, Spanish, German, and Dutch)
|Ask Theo: 'What If' Food Cost Calculator for Menu Engineering
|Menu Engineering - with Stars and Dogs
(Single, Daily, Calculated)
|Alerts and Reminders
|Choice of One FREE/Purchase Additional
|BUSINESS SYSTEM INTEGRATION
|Online Backup Service (Regular)
(1 yr inc.)
|Online Nutritional Analysis Service
|Functionality to Import Purchases from Food Purveyors (Vendors) Online Ordering Systems
|Functionality to Import Order Guides from Food Purveyors (Vendors) Online Ordering Systems
|Functionality to Place Orders to Food Purveyors (Vendors)
|Functionality to Import Sales and Pricing from POS Systems
|Functionality to Import/Export Recipes in HTML
|* EDI Interface Service for Seamless Ordering and Invoicing
(1 yr inc.)
|* 1 year included of invoicing for one vendor: Performance Foodservice, Reinhart FoodService, Sysco, US Foods, Maines, or UNFI. Reinhart FoodService, Sysco, and US Foods also include ordering.